Random Faces In Random Places

17 Nov

random-head

It isn’t glamorous, being an artist. It’s a constant slog. Underpinning my art practice is a daily routine of just that, practice. And at the heart of that practice is simple drawing, usually in sketchbooks. I draw anybody, anywhere, at every opportunity. Random faces in random places.

I have a new piece of art in this exhibition in Cardiff. Please drop by if you’re in the area 🙂

waa-invite

12 Responses to “Random Faces In Random Places”

1. mrsdaffodil November 19, 2016 at 06:21 #

This is my favourite drawing of all your drawings I’ve seen.

2. Phil Cooper November 18, 2016 at 20:39 #

agreed, I’m not finding much glamour in being an artist Rosie, but who needs glamour when you can draw like this! Love it, I love sketches like this more than a lot of ‘finished’ portraits

• Rosie Scribblah November 19, 2016 at 06:47 #

Thank you, Phil. I really appreciate your comments, keep me going when I get despondent and wonder why I didn’t become a doctor instead 😁

• Phil Cooper November 19, 2016 at 13:32 #

It’s not the easiest path that’s for sure, but I so admire how you live your creativity, Rosie, it’s obviously what you are as well as what you do, the real deal!

• Rosie Scribblah November 20, 2016 at 08:57 #

Aaawww thanks Phil, I really needed that on this cold, dark morning 😊 I need some sunshine!

3. Leonie Andrews November 18, 2016 at 11:50 #

On the same wavelength today, drawing faces feet and dogs at the local cafe.

4. annerose November 18, 2016 at 05:00 #

It is a slog, but your wexpressive drawings show how much you practice

5. Alli Farkas November 18, 2016 at 03:47 #

For some reason this drawing evokes Picasso’s face for me, even though the features are different. Weird…