Poorly

4 Dec

Had a virus a couple of weeks ago and have been poorly ever since, something like post-viral fatigue which has really wiped me out so I haven’t done much artwork. Here’s one of the redrawings I have been doing, based on the drawings I did en plein air throughout South Wales earlier in the year, working into a brown paper sketchbook with white, sanguine and black conté crayons. These redrawings are allowing me to move towards greater abstraction and this one almost looks like a mask.

mask-stone

12 Responses to “Poorly”

1. paperstew December 6, 2016 at 20:56 #

You take on way too many viruses! Stop it! Let others get their fair share! Please let Sparta and Ming know that they should be more vigilant in protecting their house apes! Keep those viruses away!
    Lovely, lovely drawing! Keep ’em coming!

• Rosie Scribblah December 6, 2016 at 22:15 #

hahaha I think Sparta and Ming are conspiring to bring the viruses in!!!! It’s a particularly nasty one that’s in the area, some people are suffering for up to 5 weeks, but it’s not flu so the annual jab isn’t any protection. Anyway, we’re off to Cyprus tomorrow for a week of sunshine and – hopefully – rest. Though after a couple of days we’ll probably want to take ourselves off on hikes and come back shattered. Kitties are being looked after by their Aunty, M’s sister. They always con about twice as much food out of her, so they’ll be on diets over Xmas.

• paperstew December 10, 2016 at 03:12 #

Hope your holiday is wonderful! I’m jealous! Soak up that sunshine ☀️
        😄

• Rosie Scribblah December 15, 2016 at 09:48 #

Back from Cyprus, slightly more pink than usual and feeling so much better. Sunshine does the trick. Cyprus is fabulous, we were in the Northern, Turk ish, part, quite unspoilt. I did some drawin, yaaayyy

2. Phil Cooper December 5, 2016 at 23:05 #

Feel better soon Rosie, glad you can still do these terrific drawings, I love the conte on that brown paper. hope you’re back to tickety boo real soon x

• Rosie Scribblah December 5, 2016 at 23:24 #

Thanks Phil, just a winter malaise I think. Going for a few days in the sun soon, do me the world of good 🙂

3. Nancy Farmer December 5, 2016 at 15:04 #

The face of an intriguing creature is emerging – from abstract back into figurative 😀
    Hope you feel better soon xx

4. jhv57 December 5, 2016 at 11:41 #

Feel better! I’ve had some more health issues last few months and I am frustrated and not able to make art yet.
    Good news is that both cataract surgeries went well, and when I am able to get new glasses, my vision will be wonderful! Very grateful!
    Happy Christmas!!

• Rosie Scribblah December 5, 2016 at 12:55 #

Oh I’m just having a bit of a whinge 😡 I always get lots of viruses this time of year, it’s our climate. Such good news about your cataract operations 😀

5. sheldonk2014 December 5, 2016 at 03:22 #

Simply beautiful
    I try and look at it
    As your waiting for the next great push
    As always Sheldon