Swallows And Amazons

30 Jan

swallows-and-amazons

Husb and I spent a few days visiting family in The Lake District last week. We travelled around quite a bit; I was hoping to do a lot of drawing but it was freezing! (I’ve been called a Southern Softie for wimping out). Here’s one of the gorgeous views I would have scribbled if I hadn’t been so cold. We stopped for a ‘comfort’ break at Coniston Water and the little island just right of centre is supposed to be one of the settings for Arthur Ransome’s book for children, Swallows and Amazons. I must check out the film.

I am putting my series of drawings of ancient Welsh monuments on Artfinder.  If you want to buy one, you can see them by clicking on the image below or the Artfinder link at the top right of this page.

St Elvis

6 Responses to “Swallows And Amazons”

1. anna warren portfolio February 3, 2017 at 07:23 #

What a beautiful photo! We were in the Lake District last year, and I constantly thought of the Swallows and Amazons. Loved all the books when I was a child, I should go back and see what I think of them now.

• Rosie Scribblah February 3, 2017 at 11:07 #

There’s a new film out, my little relatives reckon it’s good.

2. Leonie Andrews January 31, 2017 at 08:41 #

We saw a film version 1960’s, 70’s? on the tv a few months back. Couldn’t see today’s parents letting the kids head off. We quite enjoyed it, a guilty pleasure. 😊⛵

• Rosie Scribblah January 31, 2017 at 10:25 #

Crikey, no. They’d never have that much freedom now!

3. the blighter's rock January 31, 2017 at 00:44 #

I remember being captivated by the dreamlike quality of Swallows and Amazons

• Rosie Scribblah January 31, 2017 at 05:03 #