Bye Bye Birdy

28 Mar

wpid-wp-1427581277440.jpeg

Richard the Bird, our little visitor, returned home to his humans today. They’re back from their travels and picked him up this evening so I had a final few scribbles. He’s been with us for a month and we’re missing the little tyke already. He’d gotten used to us and treated Husb like some sort of parrot god. I wasn’t so honoured, mostly he ignored me, except when he tried to pull my hair out and then bit me. But the past few days he’s given me some more attention, which Sparta Puss didn’t like, so she started stalking him. Luckily he has a very sturdy cage. I enjoyed seeing him sitting on Husb’s shoulder, watching the television together. He particularly liked the rugby internationals and The Voice.

There’s a big space in the living room now where his cage was and it’s so quiet. The cats don’t speak much. But his humans do a lot of travelling so I’m sure he’ll be holidaying with us again. I drew these into my A5 hardbacked sketchbook with a Faber Castell Pitt drawing pen, size F.

10 Responses to “Bye Bye Birdy”

1. jhv57 April 29, 2015 at 13:21 #

Aww-

• Rosie Scribblah April 29, 2015 at 13:45 #

He’s back with us for June when his humans are away travelling. I’ve got the protective clothing ready.

2. Cam (ArtbyCarmelBehan) March 30, 2015 at 15:49 #

Awe so cute!!

• Rosie Scribblah March 30, 2015 at 16:15 #

He is, apart from when he bit me. And when he pooped on Husb. And when he bit the cat LOL ๐Ÿ˜€

• Cam (ArtbyCarmelBehan) March 30, 2015 at 18:39 #

Oh no haha!!! Well if you still like him after that it must be extra special ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Rosie Scribblah March 30, 2015 at 22:52 #

He’s a darling, really ๐Ÿ˜€

3. Mark Winter / Chicane March 29, 2015 at 20:19 #

Great studies. You’ve really captured some character, and a cheeky look in his eye ๐Ÿ™‚

4. paperstew March 29, 2015 at 02:16 #

Awh…It’s touching that you all bonded so well (after the hair/finger incident)! M’s sister must be thrilled they have such a good home to drop Richard off at. I know I would be! Excellent sketches. So much character expressed!

• Rosie Scribblah March 29, 2015 at 06:38 #

Thanks. I think these quick ones are better, more expressive. I’m missing him now though. He’s a sweetie. They travel a lot so he’ll be coming to us again. Sister in law is our kitty sitter when we’re away ๐Ÿ˜€