Going Solo

14 Apr
They like my drawing? No, they're after my apples

They like my drawing? No, they’re after my apples

Exciting but scary news. I’ve been offered a solo show based on the work I’m doing on Bronze Age and Neolithic ancestral stones in South Wales. I’ve never done a solo show before, always been part of group shows but this body of work is coming along very quickly and I am already planning to diversify into printmaking, with woodcuts, monotypes and etchings in the pipeline.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

It will be at the most excellent Workers Gallery in Ynyshir in the Rhondda Valley, a gorgeous gallery and workshop space set up just over a year ago by artists Gayle Rogers and Chris Williams.

The exhibition will run from September 1st to 24th and will include opening and closing events, artist talks and workshops in drawing and printmaking techniques.

The Workers Gallery

The Workers Gallery

Don’t Panic!!!!!

29 Responses to “Going Solo”

1. Donna Sands April 18, 2016 at 13:56 #

Congratulations on your upcoming show! And Happy Birthday!

2. anna warren portfolio April 18, 2016 at 08:27 #

Fantastic! So well deserved. This is a great collection of drawings, they are just asking to all be shown together, and enhanced by prints too it will be a very good show. I hope we will be able to see a virtual show if we can’t get there!

• Rosie Scribblah April 18, 2016 at 11:43 #

Thank you Anna, I’ll be looking at how we can extend the show beyond the gallery and hopefully will get a virtual exhibition done πŸ™‚

3. mrsdaffodil April 15, 2016 at 18:01 #

Well done! I wish I could be there.

4. Fiona April 15, 2016 at 13:54 #

Your stones work is exceptional, well-deserved congratulations! I hope to make the trip to see the exhibition.

5. karasartisticaladventures April 15, 2016 at 09:28 #

Yay! And I shall hopefully even make it up to the workers! I’ve not been there yet..I shall get the map out!! :Z.

• Rosie Scribblah April 15, 2016 at 09:31 #

Brilliant!!! It’s a gorgeous gallery and it’s not that far. Lots of different ways to get there depending on how adventurous you want to be.

6. allesistgut April 15, 2016 at 07:50 #

This are news are phantastic. I’m really happy for you! It must be very exciting. Congratulations and a happy weekend! πŸ˜€

• Rosie Scribblah April 15, 2016 at 09:12 #

Thank you. It’s going to be a lot of hard work but I’m very excited

7. susieliddleSusie Liddle April 15, 2016 at 07:49 #

Exciting news. The drawings are fab…I have been inspired to make walnut ink but cheated and bought Liberon crystals as no access to walnuts especially at this time of the year. They are the ones French polishers’ use and are very cheap on eBay. I stained some sketch book pages and they gave a great background for some tree sketches using XL coloured graphite blocks. Thank you for that tip…..empty white pages are so scary…

• Rosie Scribblah April 15, 2016 at 09:16 #

I’ve never heard of Liberon crystals before – thanks for the tip. Glad the background stain worked out. I think it gives drawings more life πŸ˜€

• susieliddle April 15, 2016 at 09:28 #

They are actually called Van Dyck crystals…Liberon is the make . I got a 250grm bag for around Β£6. Only needed a dessert spoon or so for 200ml bottle & I might dilute that further yet. My Urban Sketchers group are queuing up for a spoonful as I have a lot of crystals…it’s such a rich colour isn’t it. Haven’t tried it on good paper yet but it must be a dream to draw on as it seems to have a slight satin surface

• Rosie Scribblah April 15, 2016 at 09:30 #

Oh yes, the surface is to die for. What a good source you’ve found. The art suppliers charge the earth for liquid walnut ink.

8. Martha Keim-St. Louis April 14, 2016 at 23:44 #

Good work

9. Leonie Andrews April 14, 2016 at 22:48 #

Congratulations Rosie! Well deserved. You’ll be in good hands with your friends at the gallery.

• Rosie Scribblah April 15, 2016 at 06:46 #

Thank you Leonie. It’s exciting but also nerve wracking.

• Leonie Andrews April 15, 2016 at 13:31 #

I know that feeling. The work will get done and you will survive the experience. 😁

10. Jenny White April 14, 2016 at 21:07 #

I mean wonderful!!

11. Jenny White April 14, 2016 at 21:06 #

Great news – this work is womderful!

• Rosie Scribblah April 15, 2016 at 06:44 #

Thank you so much, Jenny. I am so excited. The stones want to be seen. That sounds weird but the more I visit them the stronger that feeling is.

12. Michael Richards (certainline) April 14, 2016 at 20:31 #

Well deserved – congratulations!

• Rosie Scribblah April 15, 2016 at 06:42 #

Thank you Michael. I am very nervous but the work is flowing. I seem to have found my inspiration within the landscape.