Continuous Line (Female Nude)

23 Jul

Here’s the last of the 3 drawings I did during the life drawing session at Swansea Print Workshop this week. I blocked in some rough highlights in chalk and then did a continuous line drawing with a stick of carbon into my A2 size brown paper sketchbook. It’s a technique I really like, it’s good practice and I like the effect, it’s dynamic.

I have been travelling across South Wales with Rhondda-born archaeologist Dewi Bowen and Swansea film maker Melvyn Williams, hunting the wild megalith, accompanied by my portable drawing board, portfolio of Fabriano paper and a bag full of assorted artist’s materials.  Dewi is researching his latest book on Neolithic monuments and Melvyn is making a documentary film of our literary and artistic adventures.

If you want to know more about my solo show in The Worker’s Gallery in the Rhondda Valley in September, please click here.

And if you want to see some of my other artwork, please click on the image below.

Quoit

6 Responses to “Continuous Line (Female Nude)”

1. Michael Richards (certainline) July 25, 2016 at 07:47 #

Great stuff – I’ll give that a try when my life class begins again in September!

• Rosie Scribblah July 25, 2016 at 09:52 #

Thanks. It’s a lovely technique for loosening you up 😀

2. allesistgut July 25, 2016 at 07:30 #

Great and very dynamic, indeed? Is she wearing earphones during the session?
    Have a lovely day. 🙂

• Rosie Scribblah July 25, 2016 at 09:52 #

Thanks. No, she has rather large ears lol ! And she has lots of piercings and metal objects on her ears 😀

3. Alli Farkas July 23, 2016 at 22:17 #

Yes, the single line drawings do have a dynamic effect. For one thing, they keep the artist from fiddling with the details and getting tangled up in stuff that’s not important. I should revisit the single line drawing myself…

• Rosie Scribblah July 24, 2016 at 05:02 #

Yes, they free you up and help with proportion as well, much easier to get the measurements right but without the hassle.