Working With Wood

19 Jun

selfie wood

I recently did a woodcut selfie. I showed the print that I took a couple of days ago, and here now is the woodblock. I often like the blocks more than the prints, especially if they’re on a nice grained wood. I sometimes don’t want to ink up a woodblock because I think it would spoil the image.

nude wood

I’ve been working on this nude for a while now, but I don’t really want to finish it and print it up because I really like the way it looks. Maybe I’ll finish cutting it and leave it unprinted, as a unique piece.

8 Responses to “Working With Wood”

1. Sketchuniverse June 26, 2018 at 05:27 #

Reblogged this on sketchuniverse and commented:
    HELLO ! AS YOU CAN SEE, YOU CAN SKETCH ON WOOD TOO. LIKE OUR SISTER ROSIE DID๐Ÿ˜‰

• Rosie Scribblah June 26, 2018 at 05:31 #

Thanks so much โ˜บ

• Sketchuniverse June 26, 2018 at 05:33 #

My pleasure, dear. Your work deserves it๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

2. annerose June 20, 2018 at 16:13 #

fantastic!

3. Sharon Mann June 20, 2018 at 14:04 #

Beautiful, I agree the nude is very powerful as is.

4. Anne June 20, 2018 at 09:19 #

I agree, I think as a piece this nude is so powerful and expressive I can see why you would think that this is the point to stop. Isn’t it hard, to know when any piece is finished and needs no more work?

• Rosie Scribblah June 20, 2018 at 10:51 #

Thanks. There doesn’t seem to be a tradition of presenting carved wooden panels as art in this country but I saw examples of it on a visit to Pakistan and I was bowled away by them – half carving and half painting. I need to rethink….

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )