Shameless Self Promotion

30 Aug

Oh yes! Husb and I are off to The Workers Gallery in Ynyshir tomorrow to set up my solo show, ‘Yr Helfa / The Hunt‘ which opens on September the 1st and carries on through to September the 24th. BUT, we’re not having an opening event, instead we’re having a HIGH TEA on Saturday September the 10th from 2 – 4.

Invitation

Why not have an opening when the exhibition opens you might ask? Well, it’s because the Cynon Valley Museum and Gallery is reopening on September the 3rd after being closed for over a year. It’s now been transferred from the local authority to a trust made up of volunteers from the area. And they pinched the date I wanted for an opening tea party! Never mind, it’s great to see the Museum back in action and it gives me an extra week to make more home made jam and cakes.

Postcard 2 giveaway copy

The show features 42 new drawings from my travels across South Wales with archaeologist Dewi Bowen and filmmaker Melvyn Williams, drawing ancient stone monuments that are on the route of The Boar Hunt from the Mabinogion. There will also be a display of etchings and linocuts in progress based on my drawings in the field. And some of Melvyn’s short films about Dewi and myself on our hunt for wild megaliths.

So please drop in and see the show if you’re in the area and especially on Saturday 10th for lashings of tea, cake, art and Welsh hospitality.

There’s more of my art to be seen in my online Gallery in Artfinder. Please click here to visit. Thank you.

13 Responses to “Shameless Self Promotion”

1. Phil Cooper August 31, 2016 at 22:17 #

Wishing you all the very best for a great exhibition Rosie, I’ve so enjoyed seeing these drawings emerge over the last few months and it looks a wonderful show. Congrats on getting such a powerful body of work together. I’m in Kent or Berlin the next few weeks so I don’t think i can get up to see it but sending best wishes 🙂

• Rosie Scribblah September 1, 2016 at 05:04 #

Thank you, Phil. It’s been quite an experience, tramping across mountains and stuff. I have learnt lots more about Wales over the past few months. 😊

2. Alli Farkas August 31, 2016 at 19:14 #

Sorry I will miss the jam and cakes…hope you have a great afternoon!

• Rosie Scribblah September 1, 2016 at 05:01 #

Thank you, Alli. I’ll post a photo of the cakes 😁

3. janerentoncounselling August 31, 2016 at 16:47 #

Hey Rosie I am hoping to come and see the exhibition given the strange circumstances of our meeting! Will any of your works be for sale there?

• Rosie Scribblah September 1, 2016 at 04:59 #

Yes Jane, they are all for sale. It would be lovely to see you 😊

4. Michael Richards (certainline) August 31, 2016 at 06:44 #

I wish you enormous success and loads of fun. The sound of those home-made cakes and jam almost tempts me over from Suffolk!

• Rosie Scribblah August 31, 2016 at 07:54 #

Oooh that’s a long way. There will be Victoria Sandwich. With home made loganberry jam……

5. Frank Prem August 31, 2016 at 02:01 #

Too far for me, I’m sorry, but best luck with the exhibition. May all your works find new homes.

Cheers,

Frank

6. kestrelart August 30, 2016 at 23:49 #

We are discussing whether we can get there that weekend. Looking for nice places to stay to also entertain the kids.

• Rosie Scribblah August 31, 2016 at 05:04 #

Oooh would be lovely to see you all. I’ve been putting together a list of things to do in the area – it’s great and lots of kids stuff. I have also been recommended a guest house by some friends. I am setting up the exhibition today so I can send you those details this evening or tomorrow. It’s not far off the Heads Of The Valleys road if your coming from the Midlands and the scenery is spectacular.

• Rosie Scribblah September 2, 2016 at 09:15 #

Hi there, I’ve emailed you some information about accommodation and family-friendly activities in the area. I do hope you are able to make it 😀