I Exploded A Flag

20 Sep

exploded flag 1b

I’ve settled into my new elysium studio which I have until mid-October because I’m the artist-in-residence for the Nawr Yr Arwr / Now The Hero art festival. I’m working on a new commission but I can’t say much about it just yet. I exploded a flag. It was harder than I thought it would be. I like the look of it.

13 Responses to “I Exploded A Flag”

1. sheldonk2014 September 26, 2018 at 07:29 #

You are always pushin the envelope…thats way I’m still hangin around

2. kestrelart September 22, 2018 at 09:17 #

Sorry
    A brexit comment – he’s been trolling May over the Chequers plan hence the link to exploding the flag. As a life long socialist and, on balance, remainer, I can’t help myself feeling sorry for and somewhat admiring of May for her tenacity in the most stupid and impossible of situations. So I am conflicted and it’s on my mind.
    I should get out more not you I think!

• Rosie Scribblah September 23, 2018 at 04:30 #

I feel sorry for her, she’s been left with an almighty mess by Cameron and Johnson. I suspect that the Union is not going to withstand Brexit, hence the exploding flag, we ain’t seen nothing yet!

• kestrelart September 23, 2018 at 08:50 #

I wholly agree. And your art expresses this.
        This is madness. I’ll be going to the march on the 20th October against Brexit, an extended family outing on my late mother’s birthday (she died not long after the referendum and saw through Brexit as a scam). However, part of me also does not want us to go crawling back to the EU after all the bluster. It’s a mess.
        I do wonder about Wales and Scotland seceding from the UK and rejoining anew. I’ll be in the queue for my Scots passport. This is sort of a joke. It seems unlikely and would be yet more madness, but madness seems normal now.

• Rosie Scribblah September 24, 2018 at 06:17 #

I suspect that not only might the Union collapse but also that England might end up in turmoil. Why should the North continue to endure such appalling lack of interest and investment from Westminster? The Westminster bubble is corrupt and redundant IMHO and we are seeing a fragmentation of the Union and society I never thought would happen.

3. kestrelart September 21, 2018 at 22:48 #

Timely. I think Donald tusk just did the same! But of course art makes us ask hard questions.

• Rosie Scribblah September 22, 2018 at 08:59 #

Ooh I haven’t heard of him. I’ll track him down….

• Rosie Scribblah September 22, 2018 at 09:02 #

Oh he’s a politician lol 😂 I went looking for an artist. I should get out more.

4. Sharon Mann September 21, 2018 at 13:29 #

Yes, coming along nicely. enjoy your studio time.

5. Walfischbucht September 21, 2018 at 08:00 #

Interesting and fitting image. Could very well be part of a larger collection of different european or international flags whose parts drift apart.

• Rosie Scribblah September 21, 2018 at 08:10 #

It’s a starting point. I have to think where I am going with it next

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )