Sketchbooking The Stones

23 Nov

penlan-uchaf

I spent many days between February and August this year travelling across South Wales drawing ancestral stones, which were exhibited in The Workers Gallery in September. Today, I decided to break open my new brown paper sketchbook and conté crayons and started to redraw my previous work, not copying it but using it to develop ideas and new directions in drawing. I normally work directly from life en plein air, so this is quite different for me. I did quite a few and I really enjoyed it. I might just go and fill the sketchbook this way.

I have work featured in two exhibitions at the moment – in The Workers Gallery in The Rhondda Valley and at Llanover Hall in Cardiff, both lovely venues and worth a look-in if you’re in the area.

8 Responses to “Sketchbooking The Stones”

1. Leonie Andrews November 28, 2016 at 23:00 #

This one has lots of vigour. Love that sanguine zigzag.

• Rosie Scribblah November 28, 2016 at 23:44 #

Thanks Leonie. I’m enjoying this, I’m not stuck in a blizzard in a filthy field full of aggressive cows!

2. Phil Cooper November 24, 2016 at 20:31 #

Very nice idea, working from those drawings , I love this sketch Rosie 😊

• Rosie Scribblah November 24, 2016 at 23:41 #

Thanks Phil. I’m enjoying pushing them as far as I can.

3. Julie Blasberg-King November 24, 2016 at 09:40 #

I really love your work

4. sheldonk2014 November 24, 2016 at 03:30 #

It’s great when you find new ways to approach your work
    As always Sheldon