You Know What I Did Last Summer?

26 Mar

You know what I did last Summer? Well, Husb and I took part in a reality TV programme for Sky Arts. It’s about spotting fake masterpieces in art galleries across the UK. We appear mainly in the episode from Cardiff but if I told you any more, I’d have to kill you lol 😀

Fake

That’s Husb in the picture from The Radio Times, peering through his great grandfather’s spectacles. And I’m in the background. It was a brilliant experience. I saw at first hand how programmes like this and The Great British Bake-off are put together (not at all glamorous) and I got to see brilliant art close up without hordes of people milling round.

The series starts this Tuesday, March 28th at 8pm and continues for 8 weeks. I hope I don’t come over as a div 😀

And on Wednesday March 29th ………

Invitation to End Frame

The End Frame events are free entry but please book tickets for ‘Big Eyes’ from Cinema & Co.

I have put my series of drawings of ancient Welsh monuments on Artfinder.  If you want to see more, please click on the image below or the Artfinder link at the top right of this page.

St Elvis

15 Responses to “You Know What I Did Last Summer?”

1. Leonie Andrews March 31, 2017 at 08:56 #

Yes I would love to see a show like this, but it would depend on the series being sold here. Plus I ‘d have bragging rights ‘oh Rose and I correspond regularly’ 😂

• Rosie Scribblah March 31, 2017 at 11:12 #

hahaha you might not be so keen when you see the programme, I have no idea how they’ll edit me. I’m quite opinionated 😀

2. alethakuschan March 29, 2017 at 17:43 #

What a fun opportunity. Wish I could watch, but I’m in the USA. You British have all the fun. And did you spot the fake?? Or is that the spoiler ….

• Rosie Scribblah March 29, 2017 at 22:53 #

It might pop up on Public Service Broadcasting maybe? When I come over, I catch up with all my favourite British tv shows on PSB lol 😀 I’m sworn to secrecy about the fake – if I told you I’d have to kill you 😉

3. anna warren portfolio March 29, 2017 at 02:12 #

I do hope the program comes here – we get quite a few of the Sky Arts ones, but a long time later as far as I can tell, we have the Landscape Artist series at the moment, which I’m enjoying, I think it is from last year.

4. Lois March 27, 2017 at 00:41 #

I’ll be watching!!

• Rosie Scribblah March 27, 2017 at 09:49 #

haha I’ll be behind the settee peeping through my fingers like when we watched Doctor Who when we were kids 😀

• Lois March 27, 2017 at 10:00 #

I’m sure it will be fab! have you ever done any podcast/vlogs? I’m sort of thinking about it… but not sure if i have the courage!

• Rosie Scribblah March 27, 2017 at 10:03 #

I have some videos on youtube but I haven’t been on the telly rpoper before. You forget what you’ve said – I ranted quite a bit. I’m cringing now 😀 https://youtu.be/dQIaTx1ZIkQ

• Lois March 27, 2017 at 13:37 #

I’m sure you’re not, but I’ll have a look!

5. lucylawrencedesigns March 26, 2017 at 23:41 #

How exciting! I’ve been looking forward to this and you both look great, too!