Violent When Brushed

10 Jul

I did a quick scribble this evening into my tiny A7 size sketchbook with a biro (ballpoint) pen. It’s been a busy day; I went to Cardiff on the bus for two meetings with fellow artists, planning arty collaborations, and then I got travel sick on the way home. Not nice. So I’ve only just felt like having a scribble. Here she is, the scruffiest of cats, Ming The Merciless showing her best side. She’s brushed every night, despite being seriously violent, but she is always a total scruff. Bit like me really. Although I’m not violent when I’m brushed. Well, not often.

For a limited period I am putting a new drawing from my recent sketch books on my Artfinder gallery every day.  If you’d like to check them out, please click on the image below or the Artfinder link at the top right of this page.

8 Responses to “Violent When Brushed”

1. outsideauthority July 13, 2017 at 07:08 #

No cat to draw anymore :(. I love how their ears have expressions

• Rosie Scribblah July 14, 2017 at 09:26 #

Oh I’m so sorry 😥 They have the most intense range of expressions yet hardly move a muscle

2. Leonie Andrews July 13, 2017 at 06:58 #

I think that sounds like a film trailer!

3. Leonie Andrews July 11, 2017 at 12:51 #

We might have to change your name to ‘Ming’s Mum’. Our cats are obviously related. Ours had the vet staff so terrified of her carrying on that they asked us to get her out of her cage post op. Being a true pussycat queen when my partner opened the door she just walked straight into her carry case without a peep. 😄

• Rosie Scribblah July 12, 2017 at 09:49 #

hahaha they bring in reinforcements at our vets when she arrives. She’s tiny and ancient but so terribly violent.

4. Leonie Andrews July 11, 2017 at 06:23 #

ROFL! 😂 and we just thought it was our cat! She can’t reach everywhere these days so we try and help. That is until the growling drowns out the tv.

• Rosie Scribblah July 11, 2017 at 06:29 #

They’re so naughty. Ming is 16 and still terrorises the vet. She has to have a general anaesthetic to have her claws clipped!