Colouring In

19 Mar

detail

I rarely paint, it’s not a medium I feel much affinity with but I’ve been working on a painting the past couple of days, it’s for someone special. The reason I don’t paint much is because I feel that all my creativity goes into drawing and once I’ve got the drawing as I want it, painting just seems like colouring in, which is quite nice but nowhere near as creative, in my opinion, as drawing. Although I know a lot of painters who wouldn”t agree with me on this.

I’m using acrylic paints, thinned with water, to paint translucent layers of pigment onto a white primed canvas. This is a small detail of the painting in progress.

12 Responses to “Colouring In”

1. alethakuschan March 21, 2018 at 16:21 #

beautiful

2. sewinggoddess March 20, 2018 at 18:27 #

I agree, which is why I don’t sketch when I paint, making the process more haphazard, and impossible to control.

• Rosie Scribblah March 20, 2018 at 21:24 #

That sounds much more creative

• sewinggoddess May 15, 2018 at 11:49 #

Well I don’t have your drawing skills, so have to solve it the way I can:)

3. Hansi March 20, 2018 at 15:59 #

I work the same way. Draw it first, then it’s like a coloring book we had as kids.

4. Patricia McParlin March 20, 2018 at 02:17 #

This really struck me Rosie…I can see what you mean…I think…but I’ve never approached painting in that way..I think it’s all about moving one thing against another thing..paint or line..so metaphor, I guess…and hoping a third thing emerges that is greater than the sum of it’s parts…x

5. Phil Cooper March 20, 2018 at 00:03 #

I love how you paint Rosie, gorgeous colour too. I’m craving colour at the moment, it might be the weather, but this is like a blast of sunshine 😊

• Rosie Scribblah March 20, 2018 at 08:50 #

Thanks Phil. On the rare occasions when I get the paint out,

• Rosie Scribblah March 20, 2018 at 08:51 #

On the rare occasions when I get the paint out, I go a bit mad with colour because I tend to be very monochromatic with my printmaking and drawings

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

w