Met A Monkeh

9 Jan

Went to a wedding, met a monkeh! Seemed like a nice chap.

monkeh

On the arts front, I have finally finished the print installations that I’ll be taking to the Penarth Pavilion Gallery for a new show that opens next week, with work from Swansea and Cardiff Print Workshops.

hung

These small stamped images of Frida Kahlo were developed from a screenprint I did last summer. I did a series on nine women artists who inspire me and I made the rubber stamp of Frida as an experiment and I really like the result so I’m hoping to do the rest of the artists in the series. I printed these on Shiohara paper and stitched them to a heavyweight Tate Gallery Indian paper and sewed ribbon onto them so I can tie them to the wooden clothes horse.

constrained

These cyanotypes from drawings I made of elderly women are printed onto pieces of Bockingford paper cut to a Victorian corset pattern and I’ve used eyelets and ribbon to tie them to the wooden clothes horse. I’ve been working on these for ages and it’s been lovely to get away today for a family wedding, my wonderful nephew and his beautiful wife. Top wedding and great food at the Oxwich Bay hotel on the Gower Peninsula. Spectacular scenery despite the torrential rain.

12 Responses to “Met A Monkeh”

1. anna warren portfolio January 11, 2016 at 10:54 #

Love the tight cropping on the cyanotypes, gives the faces such focus and strength.

• Rosie Scribblah January 11, 2016 at 22:27 #

Thank you, they’re pieces cut from a sewing pattern of a Victorian corset.

2. allesistgut January 11, 2016 at 08:50 #

You look so funny with that huges glasses. πŸ˜‰ Sounds it was a great wedding. And the location looks so nice, too. Have a lovely day. πŸ˜€

• Rosie Scribblah January 11, 2016 at 08:56 #

It was beautiful, right by the sea. Sad day, just heard about David Bowie 😦

• allesistgut January 11, 2016 at 09:21 #

What, he is dead? I hadn’t heard about that yet. This is really a sad day.

3. Helen Cherry January 10, 2016 at 11:43 #

Loving that photo… first smile of the day πŸ™‚ You are busy,busy as ever, producing wonderful work..

4. Leonie Andrews January 10, 2016 at 06:46 #

I agree with Michael, those cyanotypes are looking fantastic.

5. Michael Richards (certainline) January 10, 2016 at 00:29 #

Love the elderly women, Rosie.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. First Nude Of The Year | scribblah - January 15, 2016

[…] there’s a joint exhibition of work from Swansea and Cardiff Print Workshops, including some print installations I recently worked on and some of my lino […]