Putting The Work In….

1 Aug

1533150820448.png

Putting The Work In…. So the past few days I’ve been slapping an underpainting onto a canvas but now the serious stuff has to start, I need to get stuck into the details. I want to have the head thrown back from the torso so I took a few photos of long-suffering Husb (I guess he must be my Muse) and drew this one into my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 tablet using a free Markers app. I blocked in the background in a beige-y colour and then worked up the drawing with white and a couple of brown shades, finishing with orange on the eyebrows. I used the stylus and my finger, the stylus gives a more defined line. Husb is very tall and I am short so I am used to seeing him from this angle. I love a nice bit of foreshortening.

Here’s how far I’ve gone with the underpainting ….

I’ll get the head painted on in more detail next ….

11 Responses to “Putting The Work In….”

1. Alli Farkas August 4, 2018 at 23:10 #

“Husb is very tall and I am short so I am used to seeing him from this angle.” πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I can identify–used to have a husband like that!

2. outsideauthority August 3, 2018 at 16:10 #

Really interesting to follow your last few posts and how you gained momentum

• Rosie Scribblah August 3, 2018 at 18:04 #

Thanks, I hope I’ve broken through the fog now πŸ™‚

3. inaloveworld August 2, 2018 at 08:36 #

It is so expressive and beautiful!! Thank you for sharing!

4. alethakuschan August 2, 2018 at 02:16 #

very expressive and expressionistic, powerful!

• Rosie Scribblah August 2, 2018 at 06:16 #

Thanks Aletha, and so easy to pick up the tablet, no mess, no prep, no drying.

• alethakuschan August 2, 2018 at 15:27 #

looks like great fun as well as new opportunity for creating

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Smiley Lips | scribblah - August 11, 2018

[…] who was snapped at the opening of an art exhibition a couple of weeks ago. My style is evolving; the first I did was much more like a conventional drawing but they’ve quickly developed into multi-layered […]

2. Another Nose Job! | scribblah - August 2, 2018

[…] I did a bit of drawing practise of a head thrown back with some severe foreshortening. It was so much fun that I did another today. […]

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )