A Tryout In Colour

26 Jul

chine colle 1

After I had done the first proof of my vinyl block in black ink, I decided to try out some colour. My first experiment was with some simple chine collé using silk fabric papers, using colours I had seen in the stream bed and landscape. Unfortunately we’re in the middle of a heatwave and my stick of UHU glue had gone really gummy and made it difficult to stick the silk paper to the Hosho satisfactorily, so I just did the one proof.

 

chine colle 2

 

My block is based on an original sketch that I made on a field trip with colleagues from the Swansea University FIRE Lab, up in the Brecon Beacons back in May.

Please Leave a Reply. Thank You.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: