Greetings Humans

15 Nov

Sparta Puss

Greetings Humans. Sparta Puss here. I managed to get my paws on the furless she-ape’s pooter box while she’s washing my food bowls. And preparing my supper. And brushing excess fur from my favourite blankie. And going down the road to the hunting ground called the supermarket to hunt for my kitty biscuits. She’s a lazy mare!

Anyhoo, I was lying around on my second favourite blankie earlier and the female monkey was fiddling about with a stick with dirty stuff in it called a biro pen and she was moving it around and around on a bit of paper while staring at me. I like it when the hairless simians stare at me – it shows proper respect. Then she showed me all the bits of dirt on the paper and said it’s me! She’s an idiot.

book cover

Here I am reclining with the she-ape’s thing with paper in it. She calls it a sketchbook. It has cats over it. They don’t look as good as I do.

14 Responses to “Greetings Humans”

1. Catwoods November 18, 2017 at 22:09 #

Every time Sparta Puss gets the “pooter box” I enjoy the drawings immensely, and then Sparta’s opinions make me laugh while Ultraviolet’s going “Yes, wise, wise words, Sparta Puss!”

• Rosie Scribblah November 19, 2017 at 08:18 #

I think that if Sparta Puss and Ultraviolet ever get together, they could take over the world!

2. artsofmay November 17, 2017 at 15:57 #

Delightful!

3. Leonie Andrews November 17, 2017 at 02:48 #

I forgot to say that l can’t recall hearing the phrase “She’s a lazy mare” before, but it makes wonderful sense. I love using some of the older vernacular Australian phrases, which are disappearing under the onslaught of Americanisms we are ever more subjected to.
    One of my favourites is decribing someone as ‘having the hide of Jessie”. The meaning is that the person has a lot of cheek, the reference is to one of the elephants, called Jessie, who lived at the Taronga Park zoo, Sydney, in the early 20th century.

• Rosie Scribblah November 17, 2017 at 16:00 #

Lazy mare or dozy mare could be up to 400 years old. I’m all for resurrecting old phrases, some great ones are in danger of being lost.

4. Leonie Andrews November 16, 2017 at 02:07 #

Hello Spartapuss, so good to hear from you again. Yes hairless monkeys are so strange.πŸ˜„

• Rosie Scribblah November 16, 2017 at 09:05 #

Sparta says, ” You’re so right. You have no idea what I have to put up with from the bald apes! “

5. Alli Farkas November 16, 2017 at 00:05 #