A Quick Digital Kitty

3 Jan

1515011136133(1)420946689.png

I’m still stuck in that state of post holiday lethargy and to be honest didn’t fancy doing any drawing today but it’s important for my artistic practice that I do, so I took the easy way out and grabbed my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 tablet and did a quick digital sketch of Sparta Puss who is sparked out at my side. She’s even more lethargic than I am.

I use an app called Markers which is free to download and I drew it using a stylus – you get a different effect if you use your finger. I started by blocking out the background in black, then overlaid with white and tones of orange.

10 Responses to “A Quick Digital Kitty”

1. Sharon Mann January 4, 2018 at 15:55 #

Very cool, I love the quick digital art.

2. alethakuschan January 3, 2018 at 23:19 #

It’s totally charming. I love the pose, the colors, the cat-ness.

• Rosie Scribblah January 4, 2018 at 12:37 #

Thank you Aletha. It’s good to have a fairly immobile subject when it’s late and I realise I haven’t done any drawing in the day πŸ˜€

• alethakuschan January 4, 2018 at 15:15 #

Sounds like your cat is a very cooperative subject!

• Rosie Scribblah January 5, 2018 at 12:31 #

Only when it suits her πŸ˜€

3. paperstew January 3, 2018 at 21:54 #

Such a cat pose. Beautifully captured with simple marks. Me Me highly approves! She wishes I would spend time drawing her instead of the dogs.

4. Emma Cownie January 3, 2018 at 21:51 #

You cat sleeps in sensible places. Mine doesn’t. Bingo gave me the fright of my life by going to sleep in one of my drawers – I was happily putting away the washing and shut the drawer and could not understand why there was “movement” in the chest of drawers – I thought it might be mice or worse. Fortunately, I had sense to pull open the draw and a very cross cat sprang out! He’s since forgiven me and is now sitting on my lap!

• Rosie Scribblah January 4, 2018 at 12:35 #

Oh my goodness, that would terrify me!!!! They’re not too bad about hiding places, they like their comforts too much πŸ˜€