Chonk!

13 Nov

1573678959072-1817332438.png

I can’t keep the creative juices flowing constantly. I think most artists are the same. It isn’t a 9 to 5 job. Some days I don’t make art, but I still like to draw, even for a few minutes, to keep my hand in. That’s where the cat comes in handy, she’s always around for a quick scribble. She’s getting to be a bit of a chonk!

13 Responses to “Chonk!”

1. Leonie Andrews November 15, 2019 at 12:29 #

Poor Sparta, fancy describing her as a chonk on social media. πŸ˜‚ A suitable revenge is no doubt in the offing. Some days the creative flow flows somewhere else, heavens only knows why people think making art is easy.

• Rosie Scribblah November 19, 2019 at 17:08 #

She’ll get her revenge when I least expect it!

• Leonie Andrews November 20, 2019 at 06:21 #

Of course ! Revenge is a half-chewed mouse served cold, preferably in your slipper.😁

• Rosie Scribblah November 20, 2019 at 13:08 #

Oh yes. Been there. Done that. Slippers beyond saving – only one though, not the pair!

2. ms6282 November 14, 2019 at 20:37 #

Whats a chonk?

• Rosie Scribblah November 19, 2019 at 17:09 #

It’s what the youngsters nowadays say when they mean chunky πŸ˜€

• ms6282 November 19, 2019 at 22:16 #

A new one to me. Well it’s true that every day is a school day then!

3. Alli Farkas November 14, 2019 at 18:27 #

I love this sketch! I don’t know the cat’s personality, but the sketch certainly has a lot of it!

• Rosie Scribblah November 14, 2019 at 18:28 #

hahaha yes, she’s certainly packed with personality lol πŸ˜€

4. Margaret Parker Brown November 14, 2019 at 15:57 #

It is often a struggle for me to get into that creative flow. I often feel like I throw myself off the cliff in order to get it flowing. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. Beautiful cat, really like the movement of the strokes.

• Rosie Scribblah November 14, 2019 at 18:28 #

Thanks Margaret. I find that sometimes, just doodling away with the cat or something ordinary takes the pressure off and the creativity comes back πŸ™‚