Tampered With…

20 Feb

Jo

On Sunday, I went to a Women’s Creative Salon in Swansea, with a group brought together by the artist Fern Smith. Fern is a recipient of a Creative Wales Award and has organised “Seven Sundays in Spring: All The Women I’ve Ever Met“, inviting women that she’s encountered throughout the course of her life to engage in these consecutive creative Sundays in Wales  and England.

Jo reading

The sketches I did on Sunday were challenging because I wanted to be fully involved in the creative conversations and activities but also wanted to do credible drawings. I drew into an A4 hardbacked sketchbook that I’d prepared by sticking brown wrapping  paper onto the pages with Pritt stick.  I prefer to work on paper that has been tampered with in some way. A pristine white page is terrifying!

8 Responses to “Tampered With…”

1. alethakuschan February 22, 2018 at 15:09 #

well you tampered with the paper in a very effective way! totally supports the mood of these drawings! you really have some creative energy going here!

• Rosie Scribblah February 24, 2018 at 01:15 #

Thanks Aletha ☺ I don’t like drawing straight onto white paper

2. Hansi February 21, 2018 at 16:59 #

Nice work. Is that brown paper glued on white?

• Rosie Scribblah February 22, 2018 at 06:22 #

Thanks Hansi. It is, brown parcel paper stuck on at random with a Pritt Stick ☺

3. Sharon Mann February 21, 2018 at 16:31 #

I do love the swatch of brown paper, it really adds dimension to the flat surface. Wonderful drawings.

• Rosie Scribblah February 22, 2018 at 06:21 #

Thank you, Sharon. I find that I am less inhibited when the paper isn’t a uniform white.

4. kestrelart February 21, 2018 at 00:49 #

These are lovely sketches. So full of humanity.

• Rosie Scribblah February 21, 2018 at 03:55 #

Thank you, Neil. I hope to go to more of these Sundays, the process is definitely releasing some creativity in me.

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

w