Drawn To Monotype

5 Jun

sleeping woman

I’ve been searching through my older work today. I do it from time to time because I find it helps me to analyse what I’m doing now. And also it reminds me what I have tucked away in my plans chest, often things I had forgotten.

SONY DSC

These two reminded me how crucial drawing is to my art practice. The first was done during the weekly life drawing session at Swansea Print Workshop. I liked the composition so much that I used it to develop this monotype, a technique I often use when I want to work in colour. I’ve never been particularly interested in painting, I’d rather use a printmaking process any day. You can find out more about this process in my Techie Stuff section here.

WAM night June 2018

Just a reminder about this night coming up fast in the Rhonddda Valley

8 Responses to “Drawn To Monotype”

1. jhv57 June 6, 2018 at 09:50 #

Good idea

2. Leonie Andrews June 6, 2018 at 06:30 #

This is one area that I could with some work. I rarely look back over my notebooks/ previous work. Although I do re-read some of my blog posts. A quote from Grayson Perry comes to mind that everything in his sketcbooks is a work yet to be made.

• Rosie Scribblah June 6, 2018 at 08:42 #

That’s a great quote from Grayson Perry. And so true. Drawings are so immediate, so in the moment that they can just get lost and they often deserve more consideration

3. alethakuschan June 6, 2018 at 00:46 #

Sometimes one finds new ideas among old pictures. Whenever I go through things I made in the past, I find myself getting an idea.

• Rosie Scribblah June 6, 2018 at 08:41 #

It also reconnects me with approaches I was taking in the past, which have slipped but which were actually really pertinent and they put me back on that track again, but a few years further on with a slightly different mindset – does that make any sense?

• alethakuschan June 6, 2018 at 13:13 #

It makes wonderful good sense.

4. Sheldon Kleeman June 5, 2018 at 22:59 #

I love the first one also

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )