I spent last Sunday up The Workers Gallery in Ynyshir, doing some experiments with silkscreen monotype techniques. I wanted to see if Derwent Inktense blocks would work, using them to draw from a small sketch directly onto the screen mesh.
Once I finished sketching, I put a piece of paper under the screen and poured some Daler Rowney Screenprint Medium onto the mesh, just above the sketch. I pulled it across the mesh with a squeegee to force the medium and, hopefully, the Inktense pigment through onto the paper. The result was massively disappointing – it’s an insipid ghost of the original image. Back to the drawing board.
My family is raising money for Phil, a younger relative of mine, to have life-changing surgery in Spain. Phil is disabled by Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS) and the operation he needs isn’t currently available in the UK. I know times are hard, but if you’re able to spare a bob or two, please click here find out more or to donate a small amount to Phil’s crowdfunding campaign. Thank you xxx
Trying Out A Change
I’m having a go at new templates for my website so I’ll be changing them a few times over the next couple of weeks to see how I get on with them. If there’s one you really like, or dislike, please let me know . Thanks x