And A Little Bit Pear Shaped: 4

Towards the end of the day I spent up The Workers Gallery in Ynyshir last week, I had a fourth, final, attempt at doing a monotype with a silkscreen and Daler Rowney acrylic screenprint medium. My experiments with Inktense blocks were a miserable failure (here) so I switched to watercolour pencils. First, I printed aContinue reading “And A Little Bit Pear Shaped: 4”

Still Pear Shaped: 3

After disappointing results with the Inktense blocks*, I decided to switch to watercolour pencils. I’d done this monotype technique before and the results weren’t bad, so I thought I’d give it another go. I drew onto the screen mesh from an old portrait sketch, and then squeegeed Daler Rowney Screenprint Medium through it. The resultContinue reading “Still Pear Shaped: 3”

Then It Carried On Being Pear Shaped: 2

Following on from yesterday’s tale of defeat*, I had a think about what might have gone wrong and wondered if the Inktense marks on the silkscreen just didn’t get wet enough to release their vibrant pigments onto the paper. So I made the mesh nice and wet and drew onto it with the Inktense blocks.Continue reading “Then It Carried On Being Pear Shaped: 2”

Then It All Went Pear-Shaped: 1

I spent last Sunday up The Workers Gallery in Ynyshir, doing some experiments with silkscreen monotype techniques. I wanted to see if Derwent Inktense blocks would work, using them to draw from a small sketch directly onto the screen mesh. Once I finished sketching, I put a piece of paper under the screen and pouredContinue reading “Then It All Went Pear-Shaped: 1”