Following on from yesterday’s tale of defeat*, I had a think about what might have gone wrong and wondered if the Inktense marks on the silkscreen just didn’t get wet enough to release their vibrant pigments onto the paper. So I made the mesh nice and wet and drew onto it with the Inktense blocks.
It was a much stronger drawing than the previous one, which was quite pale. The water on the screen released the rich Inktense colours and I started to get excited. Would this one play ball and transfer to the paper successfully? I poured the Daler Rowney Silkscreen Medium onto the mesh at the top of the drawing and pulled the squeegee across it, to release the pigment onto the paper below ….
And it ran all over the place! The colour was stronger than my first attempt, but the drawing just smudged itself across the paper. It’s not unattractive, but it isn’t anywhere near what I wanted. Back to the drawing board…again!
*I did these screenprint monotype experiments at The Workers Gallery, Ynyshir last weekend.
My family is raising money for Phil, a younger relative of mine, to have life-changing surgery in Spain. Phil is disabled by Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS) and the operation he needs isn’t currently available in the UK. I know times are hard, but if you’re able to spare a bob or two, please click here find out more or to donate a small amount to Phil’s crowdfunding campaign. Thank you xxx
Trying Out A Change
I’m having a go at new templates for my website so I’ll be changing them a few times over the next couple of weeks to see how I get on with them. If there’s one you really like, or dislike, please let me know . Thanks x