Quick, Short And Angry

9 Sep

9 Cwmdonkin

I was in a really foul mood this evening, caught the bad side of Twitter and was raging. So Husb dragged me out for a long, fast walk.  We ended up in Cwmdonkin Park which has been one of my favourite places for drawing en plein air during the pandemic. I was still in a temper when I did the drawing, the marks I made with the charcoal are quick, short and angry ….. a bit like me.

A Chance To Own One Of My Artworks

I have some small screenprints for sale, inspired by my drawings of the taxidermy collection at Swansea Museum. I have given these antique artifacts a modern twist by combining them with images of rubbish – old fruit nets, bubble wrap and plastic – highlighting the problem of human pollution and how it affects wildlife.

To buy my work on the Swansea Print Workshop site please click the image to the left.

In this one, I combine some of the images with snippets of text of things my Nana used to say. She used to take me to Swansea Museum a lot when I was little and I could hear her voice in the back of my head as I was sitting and drawing the birds and bugs.

20 percent of the cost of each screenprint sold goes to support Swansea Print Workshop, which receives no public funding.

6 Responses to “Quick, Short And Angry”

1. paperstew September 13, 2020 at 01:47 #

Glad M dragged you out! It’s amazing how nature can bring a bit of calm to ones mood. 🌻

• Rosie Scribblah September 13, 2020 at 12:18 #

Oh yes. I feel so sorry for people trapped in built up cities during this pandemic, with no sight of nature x

2. Leonie Andrews September 10, 2020 at 05:52 #

Good thing he dragged you out. It’s strangely challenging to drag ourselves away from all that negative stuff at times. At least you got a drawing and a walk put of it.

• Rosie Scribblah September 13, 2020 at 12:17 #

Yes, I don’t often go on Twitter because it can get really stupid and nasty. Felt much better after a walk and time with Husb’s very dry sense of humour 😀

3. Alli Farkas September 9, 2020 at 23:18 #

Funny how our temperaments (even if temporary termperaments!) come out in our artwork.

• Rosie Scribblah September 13, 2020 at 12:16 #

It’s good for me as I usually plan things, good to let go